Pilgrimage into the Heart
Spend extended time on retreat at our Maui property.
- A unique opportunity to deepen your practice with Nathaji
- Beautiful 5-acre property
- 1-2 people per room with private bath
- Meditation hall
- Car provided for group outings during free time
Throughout history people seeking a deeper spiritual life have gone on pilgrimages to holy sites to immerse themselves in a place of refuge. Setting aside the activities, distractions, and pressures of daily life and engaging in longer periods of daily sādhana has long been a key component of reaching into the depths of one’s awareness. Swami Khecaranatha has designed an opportunity for such a pilgrimage at our retreat center, Nityakash, on Maui, Hawaii.
These in-depth journeys in the heart range from 1 to 3 months, with a daily schedule that includes several hours of meditation and classes, work-trade/seva (help with cooking meals and tending the five acres - approximately 20 hours per week), group activities, and free time to explore the beaches and beauty of Hawaii. The opportunity to spend extended time with Swami Khecaranatha is a key aspect of these pilgrimages. Nityakash is named after Bhagavan Nityananda, the satguru of Khecaranatha’s lineage, who said, “The heart is the most sacred of all places, go there and roam.”
- At least six months regular participation in the Śakti Transmission classes before attending
- Ongoing participation in Berkeley Intensives (at least one must be in person)
- Participation in Hawaii Winter Immersions (at least one week must be in person) prior to pilgrimage period
- This is a work/trade program. Minimum 20 hours of work-trade/seva each week
- No recreational drug use of any kind
- 2-3 hours daily meditation and class program
- Minimum stay one month
- Application and approval by Nathaji
Pilgrimages are possible beginning August, 2022.
To inquire further or apply, please email [email protected].